Terms and Condition of Use
By using this website (www.kuriyas.com) and any of our websites and/or services, you agree to these terms and conditions.
In this document, the following terms shall have the following meanings.
|We, Us, Our||Kuriyas Technologies Limited, Company Reg. No. 1616306, a company registered in Nigeria whose registered office is at 17 Whitesands Estate, Lekki, Lagos|
|You, Your, User||A visitor to the site or registered user on the site|
|Registered User||A user who has registered on the site and voluntarily given his/her personal information|
|Account||means the account you create with us if you register as a user with the Site|
|Service||means the subscription and delivery service we offer for storage and delivery of goods through the site|
|Hub||means the specific location that we offer you for the storage of your goods|
|Fees||means the fees charged by kuriyas for its services|
|Prohibited Products||See the schedule at the end of these terms and conditions.|
Kuriyas is an order fulfillment service that makes it easy for merchants to store, pack, and provide next-day delivery of their goods to their customers.
We are an independent contractor for all purposes, providing this website and our services on an independent service provider basis. We do not have control or assume the liability or legality for the products that are stored and delivered with our service. We do not guarantee any buyer’s identity and cannot ensure that a buyer will complete a transaction.
You agree to pay us for the services we render as an order fulfillment service to store your goods and deliver these goods to your clients. The fees on our pricing page www.kuriyas.com are integral to and form part of this Agreement. We reserve the right to revise our Fees. In the event that we revise our fees, we will notify you within 5 (five) working days of such change.
Subscribing and Using Our Storage Hub
To make use of our site and one of our hubs, you must create a Kuriyas account by registering on our site and filling our signup form. To register, you will provide us with certain personal details including:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Business name, address and
- Phone number
You warrant that:
- all information that you supply to us is accurate, complete, and true and you agree that we are not responsible for any losses you sustain as a result of any errors in that information
- you have full power and authority to use Kuriyas
- if the information you have given us changes at any time whilst the subscription is current, you will advise us of the change
- you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date
- you will keep your account details confidential- not share your account with anyone else and you will not give your username or password to anyone else
- if we reject your request to use a hub then we will notify you by email and your fee will be refunded to you within 5 (five) working days of the date you paid us the fee
- you accept and agree that there may be times when the hub is not available – such as with natural disasters, government directives, etc. In those times, we will do our best to make sure that we communicate the status
- we have the right to cancel your account at any time if we think that you have broken any of these terms and conditions or your account hasn’t been used for a long time
- you will not arrange for deliveries to or from the hub to be made which contain any Prohibited Products
You agree that:
- you have the right to make this Agreement with us and that you are over the age of 18 years
- you are duly organized, authorized, and in good standing under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria or any state, region, or country of your organization and are duly authorized to do business in all other states, regions, or countries in which your business operates
- you will have only one account with us
- you won’t use robots, spiders, scrapers, or similar things on the site
- you won’t try to get around anything we put on the site to stop or limit access to parts of it
- you won’t do anything that might cause our systems to crash
- you won’t steal the site or any part of it for use in any other site or application
- you won’t try to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any programs we use in connection with this site or the services it offers
- you won’t copy, imitate or use the trademarks and/or designs and/or layout or anything else which would usually amount to intellectual property and which we own
- use the hub only on the times and dates we specify on the site
- use the hub for the person/entity which you have registered with us. If you use a different name, all deliveries to the hub in that name will be refused
- not sublet your use of the hub or assign or transfer your rights to use it
- ensure that all deliveries comply with the weights and dimensions published from time to time on the site
You agree that:
- we are your agent
- we have no responsibility to provide a service and that we have no control over the availability of any services we offer;
- we can offer no guarantee or warranty that the hub is of satisfactory quality, is secure, or is suitable for use
- we will apply best efforts to maintaining the service described here
- we do not guarantee that the site or any services that it offers will be available all the time and if it is not available for any reason you can’t hold us responsible for anything you lose as a result
- we have the right to change the site and the services it offers, suspend it or stop it at any time
- we don’t control any of the websites we link to and so we can’t be responsible for the content of such websites and we disclaim liability for any losses which come out of you using them
- just because we link to a site does not mean that we endorse or recommend that site
- we can never guarantee that a link will work
- if you find any link we offer to be offensive, please let us know and we will consider removing it
Complaints and Disputes
If you have any complaints concerning our service, you agree to notify us immediately to enable us to take action to solve the issue.
All claims against us related to payments should be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 (seven) working days after the date of such payment. It will be taken that you waive all claims against us, to the fullest extent of the law after the said period of time.
Your transaction ID and/or transaction details will be required to resolve all disputes
Termination, Suspension, and Cancellation
We may at our discretion terminate any subscription at any time if:
- you are in breach of any term of this Agreement;
- we suspect that you are about to commit a breach of this Agreement, or
- you change your mind and choose to cancel your subscription. To cancel your subscription, you must inform us within 14 working days of confirmation of your subscription using our Cancellation Form
- within 14 working days of the termination of your account, you will arrange to collect all your items in the hub. If you fail to do so, you accept that the responsibility of Kuriyas to keep the items ceases at the expiry of that period and that Kuriyas reserves the right to sell, destroy, retain for its own use or otherwise dispose of the items in whatever way it chooses without having to account to you for any proceeds of sale or otherwise.
- the fee or any part of the fee is outstanding for 30 or more days;
- in the case that there are outstanding fees owed to Kuriyas, we reserve the right to sell your goods and first use the proceeds of the sale to discharge any outstanding fees and other charges due to us or costs incurred in connection with such sale. If the proceeds of the sale are insufficient to discharge your outstanding liability to us then you will remain liable for the balance and we may take any action we consider necessary to recover the outstanding amounts. You shall be entitled to claim the balance (if any) remaining thereafter.
- either you or Kuriyas may, without reason, at any time, give notice terminating your use of the hub giving 28 days’ notice in writing to the other
- we may at any time, without reason, give notice terminating the use of the hub on giving 28 days’ notice in writing to you
You hereby grant Kuriyas permission to use your name and logo in our marketing materials including, but not limited to use on our website, in customer listings, in interviews, and in press releases. Such publicity does not imply an endorsement for your products and services.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- we try to keep Kuriyas available at all times, bug-free and safe, however, you use it at your own risk
- the Site and Services are provided “as is” and “as available” without any express, implied, and/or statutory warranties (including but not limited to, any implied or statutory warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use or purpose, quiet enjoyment, title, and non-infringement of intellectual property rights)
- without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we make no warranty that our Site and Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis
- we make no warranty regarding the quality of the Service or the accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness, or reliability of any content obtained through the Site or Service
- no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you through the Site or from Kuriyas, its Parents, Subsidiaries, or other affiliated companies, or its or their suppliers (or the respective officers, directors, employees, or agents of any such entities) (Collectively, “Kuriyas Parties”) shall create any warranty
- you are solely responsible for all of your communications and interactions with other users of the Site and Service and with other persons with whom you communicate or interact as a result of your use of the Site and Service
- we may update and renew your listings including but not limited to inventory quantities and shipment methods
- we can’t promise that the Site will meet your needs; that it will work properly; that it will be fit for a particular purpose or that it will not infringe the rights of others
- we can’t promise that it will work with all systems; that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate
- If you link to any other site using the Site then you understand that separate conditions will apply to those sites and that we have no control over those conditions – so you agree that you will read and understand them before using those sites
You agree to indemnify, and hold Kuriyas, its officers, directors, managers, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, actions or demands, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including but not limited to any reasonable legal and accounting fees,) resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of this agreement. This clause will survive the termination of these terms and conditions.
In no event will Kuriyas or any of its parties be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages or including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of revenues, lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of use, business interruption, or other intangible losses, arising out of or in connection with Kuriyas Website or Services (including, without limitation, use, inability to use, or the results of the use of Kuriyas Website Or Services), whether such damages are based on warranty, contract, tort, statute, or any other legal theory.
These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be interpreted and governed by the laws currently in force in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
We shall make an effort to settle all disputes amicably. Any dispute arising out of this Agreement which cannot be settled, by mutual agreement/negotiation within 1 (one) month shall be referred to arbitration by a single arbitrator at the Lagos Multi-Door Courthouse (“LMDC”) and governed by the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, Cap A10, Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The arbitrator shall be appointed by both of us (we and you), where both of us are unable to agree on the choice of an arbitrator, the choice of arbitration shall be referred to the LMDC. The findings of the arbitrator and subsequent award shall be binding on both of us. Each of us shall bear our respective costs in connection with the Arbitration. The venue for the arbitration shall be Lagos, Nigeria.
If any portion of these Terms and Conditions of Use is held by any court or tribunal to be invalid or unenforceable, either in whole or in part, then that part shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions of Use and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other part in these Terms and Conditions of Use.
You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. Assigning or sub-contracting any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use to any third party is prohibited. We reserve the right to transfer, assign or subcontract the benefit of the whole or part of any rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use to any third party.
Updates, Modifications & Amendments
We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by giving notice to users on this page. We advise that you check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification on the page. If you have any objection to any of the changes to these Terms and Conditions of Use, you must cease using our website and/or services immediately.
Effective Date: September 30, 2020
To comply with national regulations governing the carriage of packages, and ensure that packages in transport do not present a danger to the general public, we restrict or prohibit certain items in our service (storage and delivery).
Below is a list of things that you cannot store and deliver with us:
- Live animals, plant, and wildlife products
- Hazardous, explosive, radioactive, toxic, flammable, and unsafe items
- Fragile items (including flowers) that require special handling
- Valuable items and documents (e.g. cash, credit cards, passport, birth certificate, stocks, bonds, securities, and related certificates)
- Clinical, medical, environmental waste and biological substances
- Firearms, ammunition, explosives, replicas, and militaria
- Tobacco, drugs, and drug paraphernalia